Hi friends! Hope you are all doing well and keeping your spirits up. Can you believe it’s almost May already?
A little over a week ago, I started a reading group on Facebook called Comfort Reads and Feel-Good Fiction. It’s a fun, low-key place to talk about the books that we’re reading: novels which we find comforting and which make us feel good.
In May, we’re going to do a group read of the classic novel Anne of Green Gables, and we’d love for you to join us! Here’s how it will work:
- We’ll “officially” start reading on Friday, May 1. (There are links below to where you can find an inexpensive copy of the book.)
- As you read, feel free to post comments, quotes, or thoughts about the book.
- Once a week I’ll post questions from the book’s reading guide, and we’ll see where that conversation takes us!
Again, this is intended to be a super low-key activity, purely for fun. If you’d like to read with us, all you have to do is join the group on Facebook!
Okay, here are the promised links to find a copy of the book:
- On Kindle
- In paperback on Amazon.
- In paperback on Thriftbooks.com (sometimes their shipping takes a bit longer).
- On Overdrive, a popular e-platform used by many libraries.
- You can also check your local library system to see if they have the e-book available.
I really hope that you’ll join us! I’ve never hosted an event like this before, and I’m equal parts excited and nervous. I think we’ll all have a great time!
Hugs and happy reading,